Using the included USB interconnect cable, iAudioInterface2 model SD2008L can be used with computers and other devices that support class-compliant USB audio using built-in device drivers. Sample rates to 48k / 24 bit are supported.
Follow these steps to connect iAudioInterface2 to your computer:
- Unplug all cables from the interface.
- Start the iAudioInterface Control panel, if you are on Mac.
- Plug the USB cable to the interface only, but do not plug it into the computer yet.
- Wait a full 20 seconds.
- Now plug the USB connector into the computer.
- Select the iAudioInterface2 from the Mac Sound Settings panel, or from the Windows Sound Control Panel.
For Mac, you can download our free control panel app iAudioInterface2 Control Panel. Using this Mac app, you can change any settings on the iAudioInterface2 directly.
To select iAudioInterface2 with your audio software, use the Apple System Preferences panel, or the settings page in the software itself.
For Smaart Live users, add the audio configuration to the list of profiles in the software.
Windows / PC
A control panel application is in development for PC. Until it is ready, you can use the alternate iAudioInterface2 setup method described below.
To select iAudioInterface2 for input and output, use the Windows sound control panel.
iAudioInterface2 may be used with Android smartphones and tablets with these limitations:
- An OTG USB adapter must be used to connect the USB Type A to the Android USB micro port.
- The operating system must support USB Audio.
- The app must be set up to allow audio input from a USB Audio device.
- You must setup iAudioInterface2 using the Alternate Setup Method, below.
Once connected, sample rates to 48k / 24-bit are available.
Alternate Setup Method
You can set all of the parameters for iAudioInterface2 from the AudioTools app. Once set here, they will be stored in non-volatile memory and will remain in effect the next time the interface is powered up.
- Connect iAudioInterface2 to an iOS device
- Start AudioTools
- Navigate to the Settings->iOS Configuration page
- Select the settings that you wish to have in effect, end exit the page. You can disconnect iAudioInterface2 from the iOS device now, and reconnect to the USB host. The desired settings will be in effect.
iAudioInterface2 does not use USB power from the computer. It uses its own internal battery power, or the external power adapter. It also does not supply power to the computer, at any time.
Whenever the USB interconnect cable is plugged into iAudioInterface2, part of its internal circuitry will be powered up, so don’t leave the USB interconnect plugged into the interface when you are not using it to preserve the battery life.