Performance and Specifications
A microphone is only as good as its capsule, and we use a special hand-selected thread-on capsule with a metal diaphragm built for us by ACO Pacific. Every mic ships with its own calibration report, and is available either with or without a Type 1 Certification certificate.
iPrecisionMic is very low noise, guaranteed to be below 18 dBA, for measuring room noise. It is also very flat, with a 3 dB rolloff below 3 Hz. The preamp self noise is typically 5 dB below the capsule noise floor.
iPrecisionMic has two gain ranges, which may be selected in the AudioTools app. The low range provides a typical usable range of 20 dBA to 110 dBA. Switching to high range provides a typical usable range of 35 dBA to 125 dBA. To switch gain ranges, go to the Input Source page, from the Setup page of any module.
iPrecisionMic has these specifications:
Typical frequency response curve included with each microphone
- Response Characteristic Free Field response 0°
- Temperature Coefficient -10°C to 50°C, 0.01dB/°C
- Influence of Humidity <+/-0.1dB (non-condensing)
- Long Term Stability at 20° >250 years/dB
- Dynamic Range (3% THD) 20 dBA - 125 dBA in two ranges
- Frequency Response +/- 1dB 10 Hz - 20 kHz
- Fixed-iOS interconnect cable length 1m
- Made in USA
Here is an FFT showing typical noise floor of the microphone: