- 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 3dB (uncorrected)
- 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 1dB (using supplied correction file)
- Omnidirectional pattern
- Free-field response
- 28 dBA – 108 dBA performance in two ranges (using AudioTools); 28-96 dBA, and 48-108 dBA (typical)
- NC Limit: Below NC30
- 48k / 16bit USB Digital Audio connection
- Responds to USB gain HID commands
- Mono input signal, present at both Left and Right USB audio device input channels
- 3.5mm (1/8″) stereo analog output jack (full volume level)
- Low-distortion output
- Excellent immunity to cell phone RF noise
- Factory calibration stored in supplied file, calibrated with a NIST-tracable 94.0 dB pressure-compensated calibrator
- 1/2″ nominal size, fits all standard calibrators
- Consumes less than 50ma in use
- 2.0m (74”) USB A cable length
- iOS Lightning, using Apple Camera Connection kit
- iOS 30-pin, using Apple Camera Connection ki
- Microsoft Windows
- Android, may require included USB A – USB C or included USB A – USB micro connector
- iPod Touch 5th & 6th generation
The low-noise mic preamp, A/D converters, D/A converters and USB digital audio interface are all contained within the mic itself, so no external analog electronics are used. This gives us a direct digital audio connection to the connected device.
iTestMic2 is equivalent to having a Class 2 test & measurement mic, low-noise matched preamp, A/D converter, DAC, and USB digital audio interface, all combined in one portable device.
uTestMic2 meets ANSI / ISO Type 2 specifications for frequency response, linearity, and directional characteristics. We do not guarantee that this microphone can meet the strict environmental requirements of Type 2 or Type 1.
See our Microphone Type 1 & 2 Certification page for more information about ANSI and ISO specification compatibility.